This anchor type was designed for oil rigs in the North Sea. These smaller versions have found very happy customers on yachts and boats everywhere. The Bruce or Claw anchor design rights itself and quickly ploughs into the bottom. There is less likelihood of this anchor pulling out but if it does the Bruce anchor resets quickly helped by the large claws. This anchor will sit nicely at the bow because it is easy to pull up from straight above like other plough type anchors. It will rarely collect a rock in the claws and can't set.
- Hot Dipped Galvanised Steel ‘X’Sports Specification for lasting corrosion protection.
- This bruce style anchor type was originally designed for oil rigs in the 70’s.
- Anchor is cast from one piece with no moving parts.
- This type of anchor will land properly and hold well in sand, mud and rock, not so good on hard ground.
- This anchor has a good power to weight ratio
- Super holding power anchor with a good reputation of not breaking out due to wind or tide changes.
- Weight: 5kg
- Dimensions: 5kg = L470mm x W310mm x D270mm. 7.5kg = L530mm x W345mm x D300mm. 10kg = L540mm x W380mm x D330mm